1. Abortion is the taking of a child’s life, when he is still partly or wholly in his mother’s body.
2. Human life begins at conception.
3. Abortion is murder and therefore a very serious sin, although not unforgivable.
4. God is against murder of any kind.
5. Grace Bible Church is against abortion.
Ex.20:13, Mt. 5:21, Rom.13:9, Jer. 1:5, Lk.1:41
1. We joyfully embrace the “one” baptism of Eph.4:5, recognizing this as the “one baptism for the remission of sins” as given in the Nicene Creed. We understand this baptism to be the work of the Holy Spirit, whereby He immerses the believing sinner into Christ’s body thereby identifying him with the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The “one” baptism is invisible to the human eye and wholly the work of the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that any and all water ordinances/sacraments are fulfilled in the “one” baptism by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, they are no longer binding upon the Christian.
3. We believe that all baptisms relate to sanctification, whether it be “in Christ,” or in the believer’s “walk.” Therefore, never at any time was/is/will baptism be a requirement or necessary “demonstration” of faith. God alone, through Christ alone, by His grace alone, for His glory alone, is the “just and justifier” of the believing sinner.
4. Grace Bible Church does not practice water baptism and does not make it an issue or test of fellowship with other “born again” Christians.
5. The apostles magnify the “one” baptism and Grace Bible Church seeks to do the same.
6. We understand that this doctrine of scripture has many differing opinions, we humbly ask that you examine the scriptures and see for yourself. His word alone is truth.
Eph.4:1-7, Jn.14:26, Jn.16:7-15, Jn.7:39, 1 Pet.3:21-22, 1 Cor.12:13, Rom.6:1-14, Col.2:8-14, Gal.3:23-29, Heb.6:1-3, Heb.9:8-10, Jn.1:31-34, Acts 22:16
1. Almighty God spoke all matter, space, and time into existence in six literal twenty-four hour days as is recorded in the first chapter of the book of Genesis in the holy Bible.
2. Creation as such is sustained by the grace of God and is in every way accountable to Him.
2. The man-made and Satanic theories of evolution/ “theistic” evolution/ “progressive” creationism are therefore rejected.
3. Any and all “Gap” theories are rejected as un-biblical as well.
4. Grace Bible Church believes that “the present heavens and earth by His word are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.” 2 Pet.3:7
Gen. 1:1-2:25, Heb.11:3, Jn.1-3, Col.1:16-17, Acts 17:24-31, Ps. 95:1-5, Ps. 102:25-26
1. Relates wholly to the New Covenant.
2. Established by Christ and reiterated by the apostle Paul.
3. Is a fellowship with the body and blood of Christ.
4. Is for a remembrance and proclamation.
5. The Lord’s supper is to be observed until He, the Lord Jesus, comes physically.
6. We believe that the “bread” and “cup” only represent the “body” and “blood” of Christ. Therefore we reject the idea that the elements become His physical body while retaining the substance of the elements. We also reject the teaching that Christ is “spiritually present” in the elements.
7. Partaking of the Lord’s Supper is in no way a “means” of grace, nor does it make the believer more righteous or sanctified. Nevertheless he should be “edified” as he is reminded of the Savior’s great sacrifice for him.
8. We do believe that the Lord’s Supper is very serious, having tremendous Spiritual significance. Therefore, we are obedient to the apostles command to “examine” ourselves before we partake.
9. The Lord’s Supper is a “tradition,” scripture never refers to it as an “ordinance.”
10. Grace Bible Church believes that God is sufficient to protect the body of Christ and therefore does not hold private services, nor do we withhold the elements
Mt. 26:26-29, Mk. 14:22-25, Lk.22:14-20, 1 Cor. 10:14-17, 1 Cor. 11:23-34
1. The gifts necessary for the ministry of the Body of Christ are those enumerated in Romans 12:3-9 and Ephesians 4:7-16. All the miraculous sign gifts of the Acts period, such as tongues, prophecy and healing, being temporary in character, have ceased.
Romans 12:3-9, Ephesians 4:7-16, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, 1 Corinthians 13:9-13